Today’s episode is all about web accessibility. We have co-founder Michele Landis on from Accessible 360, a company that provides audits, training and remediation help for businesses for people with access needs.
About Michele Landis
- Co-founder of Accessible 360
- Digital Accessibility Expert With Equitable Access Know How
- Public Speaker
- Industry Leader & ADA Policy Strategist
Web accessibility is the inclusive practice of removing barriers that prevent interaction with websites, apps, internet of things, enterprise systems and so on for people with disabilities.
- Quick overview on the field and laws.
- How did you come to get into the field of accessibility?
- Can you speak more to the legality issues?
- Types of devices accessing websites.
- What are some of the main technical issues you’re seeing with sites that aren’t accessible?
- Industries being impacted?
- What are the legal requirements for websites marketing internationally?
- Are there legal resources available specific to digital accessibility?
- Do you recommend companies hire accessibility specific legal teams to address accessibility?
- Accessible 360
- Michele Landis on LinkedIn
- WCAG Guidelines
- Accessibility Insights for Web Chrome Extension
- Color Contrast Analyzer Chrome Extension