Today’s show features NO guests because we’re too cool for school. 😉 Jeff & Matt dive into topics that are top of mind in their agencies.
Domain Whois Privacy
Some registrars are starting to comply with EU regulations in not displaying domain information to the public. In the past if you did not pay for the privacy feature your domain information was available to the public through a “whois” search.
Podcast Media Hosting
- Libsyn – $15/mo with limits, bad UI, not integrated
- Castos – $190/yr ($15.83/mo) Integrated, easiest, free month, no limits
- Simplecast – $162/yr ($13.50/mo) not integrated, easy, no limits
- Buzzsprout – $12/mo 3hrs per month, otherwise unlimited
- Podbean – $108/yr ($9/mo) unlimited, monetization tools
Google My Business
- Ties your address to all of your accounts
- An employee claimed a business listing for his shared office, then listed the location as closed, now in the SERP it shows a big red Permanently Closed
- I went to GMB to see if I could reclaim the business, made me request access from the employee
- Once I had access, there were 2 accounts with the same address, one was suspended. I changed the address to try and unlock it
- The Youtube channel is associated with the suspended address, so if I remove that listing they will remove the youtube channel
- Now I have to request that the youtube channel be associated to the other address before I can remove it
- Google telling me to get reviews and optimize my GMB page
- 3 different support reps hung up on me
T)alk A(t) Y(ou) L(ater), pronounced “tale”, is the service that gives your Internet content a voice. It uses state of the art A.I. and machine learning to sound (almost) human. Send TAYL anything you want read. Listen in the TAYL app, or by using Podcasts.
Back to our conversation about LinkedIn platform annoyances, Dux Soup is a platform that invades LinkedIn profiles and spams the messenger bots. It automatically adds people to your CRM, and automates “top-of-mind” communication.
Content Marketing with Kindle
Matt shared about his experience with getting a book approved on Amazon for resale as an ebook for Kindle users. Once the content was written it took 2 hours to format the pages, create the book cover, and add all the book details to Amazon. Kindle provides free software to properly format your book and also an online tool to create your cover. The book was approved within 24 hours and is now showing up in an Amazon search for the title: Do i need rehab?
A productivity app that allows you to store notes in an innovative way that allows for a lot of customization. Mentioned on previous shows this app is still relatively new to the tech world.
Matt & Jeff talked proposals for a bit and will most likely do a future show on this topic. In short both have been in the business for 20 plus years and have come to a point where both are not interested in creating the fanciest proposals. Speed is of the essence in getting future clients the scope and if agreed upon more details and a contract follow.
- Domain Whois Privacy
- Kindle Direct Publishing
- Do I Need Reahb?
- Dux Soup