On this episode of Digital Rage we speak to Brian Wood. Brian is a training consultant, author, developer, and father who tells us about how to stand out in a crowded market, launch courses online, and one of new favorite video tools from Adobe.
You have to be able to do more than just your one thing.
- Loves teaching!
- Has worked with Starbucks, Adobe, REI, Nordstrom and a bunch of other companies.
- Has courses on Lynda, Creative Live, How Design University, Curious and Peachpit
- Is also a developer
- Author of more than 10 books
- Speaks at conferences: AIGA, How Interactive, Adobe, etc.
- Spends majority of time on training these days – speaking, writing, producing courses
- Talks about how to get into the training business these days – in short start doing it. Get on YouTube & Udemy and start putting up training videos. Adobe does keep on eye on what people are up to.
- How did you get started in software training?
- What resources do you use to identify trends and create new courses?
- Do you need to be an expert in order to teach?
- Are you an expert before you start writing a training article, or do you become an expert while writing?
- Do you have any courses on Adobe CC Process Automation (I need this)?
- What is the difference in revenue between web development and training?
- How’s the online training landscape shifted over the years?
- What’s your favorite adobe program?
- What advice would you have for someone trying to get into speaking?
- What are some of the challenges you face with your training business?